Training Programs for Dell KACE Appliances
Dell KACE Systems Management Appliances are well known as the easiest-to-use, most comprehensive and affordable alternative to computer management software available today, saving you time and your organization money. Like any new piece of critical systems infrastructure,so you can take full advantage of its benefits.
New KACE customers are eligible for the JumpStart Program. Once this training program has been completed, there are still a number of ways to obtain additional training. They include these resources where you can find the answers you need quickly:
- KACE Kontinuing Education (KKE) is a series of free on-going classes. These one hour sessions take place weekly and cover a variety of topics. Designed for interactivity, you are encouraged to ask questions of the KACE trainer during the sessions. To see a list of future topics and register, visit www.kace.com/KKE.
- Product training videos that show you how to get started and then leverage your KACE Appliance
- Tutorial videos that take help you get started and continue to learn about specifc features on your appliance
- Training newsletters that feature the latest product news and helpful tips from our training team
- Backyard Boot Kamp is a series of full day training sessions that take place in major U.S. cities. They allow you to extract maximum benefit from your KACE Appliance and connect with your fellow users in your local KACE community.
Delivered either by Dell KACE or a Dell KACE Certified Partner, the JumpStart Program ensures that your KACE Appliance will be properly installed and configured for your environment. And, you and your team will get custom-tailored, hands-on training to immediately get the maximum value from your investment with the least amount of time committed from your team.
Each JumpStart is completed in just hours, enabling your IT management generalists to tackle advanced systems management activities quickly and easily. These sessions give you all the information you need to start saving time and your organization money.
Included in every JumpStart is:
- Installation Assistance
As part of the initial installation and configuration, your KACE Appliance will be brought up on your network and configured for your specific environment.
- Best Practices
You will receive training in KACE Appliance best practices such as how to organize devices into groups (labels) for management and reporting purposes; automating the KACE Appliance backups; and setting up alerts.
Each JumpStart will walk you through creating new reports and customizing existing reports with the KACE Appliance wizard-based authoring tool. If you are already standardized on an ODBC compliant reporting tool and want to use that tool to generate reports, we'll show you how to make the connection to the KACE Appliance database.
KACE K1000 Management Appliance JumpStart Program
The KACE K1000 Management Appliance JumpStart Program activities and training are focused specifically on the systems management and end-point security capabilities of the KACE Management Appliance.
- Agent Deployment Assistance
Your custom roll out plan includes deployment of up to 150 Agents and the capture of the initial computer inventory
- Software Distribution & Patch Management Assistance
Customized training and one managed installation created and deployed via remote administration.
- Directory Services Integration
LDAP or Active Directory integration.
- Scripting and Policy
You will be guided through the creation and deployment of scripts and policies.
- Security Audit and Enforcement
Training on how to set up OVAL vulnerability scans, and configure security policies such as enforcing XP firewall and Internet Explorer settings.
- Service Desk
Training on configuring the KACE Appliance service desk with custom escalation and routing rules, using custom fields, and importing user data via LDAP.
KACE K2000 Deployment Appliance JumpStart Program
The KACE K2000 Deployment Appliance JumpStart activities and training are focused specifically on the systems provisioning capabilities of the KACE Deployment Appliance.
- Network Configuration
You will be guided through the complete configuration of your KACE K2000 Appliance including: DHCP server configuration for KACE PXE boot; target computer PXE enablement; and KACE PXE boot configuration verification.
- Systems Provisioning
Training on all major deployment functions including scripted installation, disk imaging, and remote system recovery.