By default, the K1000 appliance automatically runs the backup script at 2AM local time.
It backs up two files called:
yyyymmdd_k1_dbdata.gz - Database file
yyyymmdd_kbox_file.tgz - File system
The nightly backup can be run manually by using the following instructions:
(Please be sure others are not using the K1000 appliance before executing this procedure as it will stop all current tasks and render the K1000 inaccessible during the backup process).
1. Go to K1000 Settings -> Server Maintenance -> Edit Mode -> Press 'Run Backup' button (This can also be accessed from K1000 Settings -> Control Panel -> Backup and Restore in version 5.2 and newer of the appliance).
To download the backup files out of the K1000 appliance:
There are 3 ways to download the backup files: From the K1000 appliance Maintenance screen , from the K1000 Backup and Restore screen, or by manually FTPing the files to a local file system.
From the K1000 appliance server maintenance screen:
1. K1000 Settings -> Server Maintenance
2. The two files are located on the lower right-hand-side of the page (kbox_dbdata.gz and kbox_file.tgz), both are links and can be downloaded from the browser.
From the K1000 appliance backup and restore screen:
1. K1000 Settings -> Backup and Restore
2. By default, there will be three daily backups and 2 monthly backups of the database and a file backup that will save the most recent changes to the files. They are all links and can be downloaded from the browser.
Via FTP into the K1000 appliance:
1. ftp <K1000_HOSTNAME>
2. username: kbftp , password: getbxf
3. type binary
4. mget kbox_* (This will retrieve both backup files)
Please reference the following link to setup automatic download of the backup files out of the K1000 appliance:
How to set up a process to automatically move the backup server configuration