The K1000 appliance upgrade does not automatically upgrade your agents because older (but recent) versions of the K1000 are usually compatible with the newest version of the software, but newer versions of the agent are not necessarily compatible with the OS you are running. E.g Windows 98 or Mac 10.3
To give you time to upgrade your agents a server upgrade will automatically turn off the agent update feature.
To turn this on you must do the following:
- Log in to http://www.kace.com/support using your personal credentials (same credentials that you use to open support tickets).
- Download the latest client bundle from here: http://www.kace.com/support/production/Downloads
- On your K1000 browse to http://support.kace.com/adminui/client_update.php (Settings->K1000 Agent->Agent Updates from KACE)
- Note the "Loaded K1000 Agent Updates" shown at the bottom portion of the page. Make sure these are correct and up to date
- Click "Edit Mode"
- Select "Enabled"
- Select which Machine groups (ie labels) you would like to deploy it to.