Before using this FAQ to troubleshoot Provisioning issues, please refer to:
For general issues with Provisioning. This FAQ is meant for focused troubleshooting with Windows Vista/7.
1. Find out what network profile / location you are currently using, Home, Work, Public, or Domain (Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center):
2. Open “Change sharing options for different network profiles” (Control Panel ->Network and Sharing Center -> Change advanced sharing settings):
3. Click the down arrow for the profile / location you are currently on:
4. Go to “Network discovery”, “File and printer sharing”, & “Public folder sharing” options and select ‘Turn On…’ for all 3 then click “Save changes”.
5. Go to the Windows (start) button and enter “GPEdit.msc” in the “Search programs and files” box.
6. Select the following trees: Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options. Then find “User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode”.
7. Double click this option and set it to “Disabled”:
8. You MUST reboot the system at this time! Then try to manually provision the K1000 agent again. If it fails please let us know of any errors that come up.
Please see Troubleshooting Provisioning for more information on this subject.