Kace appliance package export report
This script will gather identifying information from all of the exported K1000 and K2000 packages in a specified folder and deliver the information in HTML format. Once packages are exported and off-boarded from the your K1000 or K2000 appliance, it can be difficult identifying or finding a particular package unless you made sure to document the files. They can be even harder to find if the exported item was already removed from the K1000 or K2000 appliance, or in a disaster recovery scenario where you only want to import packages that you need right away.
Only tested with version 3.3 and higher .pkg (K2000) files and 5.2 and higher .kpkg (K1000) files.
For the K2000 Appliance packages the script requires both the pkg and xml files to generate a package list; the script reads the data from the .xml files that are exported with the .pkg files.
For the K1000 Appliance, the first time it runs it extracts an .XML file from the .kpkg and then keep it stored for faster reading the next time the report is run.
Script Version History
How to run the script:
- Download the script via the link above, navigate to your download directory, and extract the .ZIP file.
- Run the k-series_pkg_report.exe exectuable.
- Choose the path of your exported KACE package.
- Choose the directory where you would like report saved to.
- Choose the sorting option you would like and click Start to generate the report.