Dell KACE in Retail
Solutions help IT teams to become more efficient and keep end users more productive
New technology and evolving customer demands are reshaping the retail marketplace. This means IT professionals in the retail industry are in a position to have a positive impact on their business. Still, many IT pros are constrained in these efforts, with strategic initiatives hampered by the need to handle tactical systems management demands. IT teams need to become more efficient and do more with less time, money and staff, all while providing stronger security that keeps pace with escalating endpoint threats. Frequently, IT staff is charged with effectively managing hardware and software across diverse geographies, which requires costly travel and the purchase of additional equipment. Additionally, all of these challenges are amplified by the need to find a way to effectively manage multiple operating systems and remote and mobile devices.
Dell KACE has retail-ready solutions that tackle every area of systems management, and solve the challenges faced by retail IT teams. Dell KACE Appliances, unlike most software-only alternatives, do not require costly infrastructure investments at individual stores, and enable IT managers to centrally deploy and manage systems network-wide—from a central management console. IT can address software license compliance and improve system security, enable automated upgrades and migrations and deliver integrated service desk capabilities to every system, regardless of location.
To learn about how others in retail IT solved their challenges with KACE, click here.
Some Dell KACE Appliance capabilities that are especially beneficial to retail businesses include:
- Remote control capabilities allow IT administrators to reach out and manage and update systems from a central location, negating travel and ensuring that patches and software updates are implemented.
- PCI Compliance is a high priority for IT teams, as fines are high and consequences serious for any data compromise. Dell KACE Appliances provide the framework that enables retailers to more quickly gain and maintain PCI compliance, using fundamental systems management methodologies. These include automated patching, organization-wide software distribution and detailed reporting, all which help to increase security for point of sale (POS) systems.
- Multiple operating system support is a priority for virtually every retail IT team, especially as the variety of supported devices multiply. With the K1000 Management Appliance, multi-OS management can become streamlined, allowing Windows, Mac and Linux systems be controlled from a single management console.
- Patch management is a crucial component in protecting systems at every location. The K1000 maintains one of the largest patch repositories available, with patches for Windows and Mac operating systems, as well as a wide range of application patches from vendors including Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, Symantec and Mozilla
- Asset management can change from a time-consuming task to streamlined process with the K1000, as the appliance provides a comprehensive picture of all hardware and software assets in the network. The K1000 shows where significant savings can occur due to software license metering feature.
- Service Desk and User Portal functionality brings integrated end user support, including user self-service portal that reduces demands on overburdened IT support staff and provides quick remediation for end users.