Integrated Server Management
Enhance server management and monitoring with the Dell KACE K1000 Management Appliance
Your servers are the backbone of your organization, and their health and wellbeing are critical to keeping IT systems operational and ensuring 24/7 business continuity. If an outage should occur, especially to a server that supports essential communications capabilities, such as email, it could result in huge costs and negative ramifications, including lost revenue, hampered internal productivity, and reduced customer satisfaction or loss of business.
IT managers with limited resources have long struggled with two seemingly diverse challenges: keeping client-side systems fully operational for end users, while also ensuring that mission-critical servers are fit and functioning optimally. Much too frequently, organizations have taken one of two equally unpalatable approaches. Many organizations do not have a server monitoring solution in place and are reactive in their approach to resolving server problems. Others may utilize disparate management tools for PCs and servers, but are unhappy with their existing server monitoring solution due to lack of integration with existing systems management workflows, complexity of the solution, and the drain on the capabilities and time of an already overburdened IT team.
The Dell KACE K1000 Systems Management Appliance (K1000) offers these organizations a better alternative – a comprehensive and simple-to-use management and log monitoring solution for servers. The K1000 has always provided management functions for both computers as well as servers, including hardware and software asset management, software distribution, patching for Windows servers and service desk. The K1000 now bolsters these capabilities by providing agentless inventory for Windows servers, as well as Linux and UNIX systems, for organizations that do not want to install an agent on their mission-critical servers.
In addition, the K1000 now provides server log monitoring for Windows, Linux and UNIX platforms. This is an additional capability that provides powerful default log monitoring of servers that is seamlessly integrated with the K1000’s systems management functions and workflows. The log monitoring is easy to configure and is complementary to the K1000’s service desk and reporting, as well as the K1000 GO Mobile Application. It is also highly extensible, with additional threshold and application monitoring templates available in ITNinja, an online forum of IT professionals sponsored by Dell.
The K1000 is also integrated with Dell OpenManage Essentials (OME) to provide users with even more control for Dell servers, storage arrays and network switches at no additional cost.
- Effective IT inventory and asset management requires that comprehensive data is kept up to date for virtualization platforms, network devices, printers, computer hardware and software. The Dell KACE K1000 and Dell OpenManage Essentials leverage industry-standard SNMP, IPMI, CIM, WMI and other protocols to fully automate and simplify this task.
- For server monitoring and fault resolution, the K1000 provides log monitoring for all managed severs, while OpenManage Essentials provides active system health monitoring via SNMP and IPMI for Dell systems, identifying any issues requiring remediation to the K1000 service desk for swift assignment and resolution.
- Managing consistent system configurations across multiple systems is essential to the maintenance of a healthy computing environment. The combination of the K1000 and OpenManage Essentials enables this task to be centrally controlled across heterogeneous environments.
- Keeping Dell hardware and software driver and firmware up to date is crucial to protecting your Dell computing investments. Both the K1000 and OpenManage Essentials offer fully integrated system update capabilities to best meet individual requirements.
- Assessing and resolving security vulnerabilities can be difficult. The K1000 provides vulnerability assessment tools based on industry standards, as well as fully integrated patch management, configuration management and distribution capabilities to help find and resolve identified threats.
- Comprehensive reporting is provided on data center assets and activities to track progress and validate maintenance processes.
Learn More ›