Dell KACE and Dell SonicWALL Provide Protection Inside and Outside the Perimeter
Dell KACE and Dell SonicWall Address Both Endpoint and Network Security
You don’t have to search long to find volumes of reports describing the devastating consequences of malicious attacks to corporate networks. Unfortunately, today’s network is also more vulnerable than ever given the rise of personal devices, an increasingly remote workforce and traffic beyond centralized control. Effective security efforts have become more time-consuming and complex, especially considering the dramatic increase in the frequency and sophistication of threats, and the need to secure both networks and user endpoints from vulnerabilities.
IT managers with limited resources have had to address perimeter security with separate management tools and multiple vendors and need to streamline these important functions.
The Dell KACE and Dell SonicWALL solutions protect against threats from outside and inside the network, enabling organizations of all sizes to secure their networks with firewalls that won’t impact network performance and to increase security on endpoints, all while reducing work for IT and security administrators. Dell KACE K1000 Management Appliances are already the de facto standard in endpoint management, providing functions like software inventory, distribution and patching. However, they were not designed to deliver such capabilities as firewall protection. Now KACE and SonicWALL have a comprehensive solution that provides stronger security, greater network visibility and the streamlined processes necessary to secure both the network perimeter and endpoint devices.
Protection from the inside out with Dell KACE
- The K1000 enhances endpoint security by identifying and remediating vulnerabilities across end nodes. It also helps manage and enforce compliance with company policies across desktops, laptops and servers reducing the risk of malware, spyware and viruses compromising endpoints. When an endpoint becomes compromised, the appliance can quarantine systems to help prevent network infection.
- Patch management helps provide comprehensive and reliable patching that is easy-to-use and affordable. KACE has one of the largest patch repositories available, with patches for Windows and Mac operating systems, as well as a wide range of application patches from leading vendors.
- The security audit and enforcement capabilities of the KACE appliance include a number of pre-built policy settings for improving security, including enforcing firewalls, IE security and anti-virus settings. The appliance also includes both OVAL and SCAP vulnerability scanning.
- The Secure Browser capability of the K1000 aims to proactively contain threats before they become a problem by providing users with a virtual instance of an Internet browser application. Any changes made via browser activity, malicious or otherwise, are kept separate and can be quickly cleared with a single click.
Protection from the outside in with Dell SonicWALL
- The Dell SonicWALL SonicOS operating system combines deep packet inspection technology with a multi-core architecture to scan all network traffic while delivering high performance and low latency.
- SonicWALL firewalls scan all inbound and outbound traffic to stop intrusions, viruses, spyware, and other malicious traffic from compromising your network. Dell SonicWALL is unique in its ability to scan all flows, across all protocols and interfaces without file size limitations, providing low latency and uncompromised network performance.
- Application intelligence, control and visualization monitor and display application traffic in real time. This enables the creation of granular policy-based controls that identify and guarantee bandwidth to mission-critical applications while restricting or blocking non-productive applications.
- Dell SonicWALL firewalls feature both integrated SSL VPN and IPSec VPN, extending easy-to-manage intrusion prevention and anti-malware to mobile employees and branch offices. The unique Dell SonicWALL Clean VPN™ solution supports Windows, Mac, Linux and smartphone devices, while simultaneously providing remote application intelligence and control to the mobile workforce.
Additional benefits from this solution:
- More effective security for non-compliant remote or VPN connected users delivers an improved employee connectivity experience
- Zero day exploit protection enables better security and a faster response
- IT teams can adjust KACE traffic based on network conditions for better network performance and greater flexibility