BYOD — Say "Yes!" to Mobility
Connect, Protect and Transform
Today, organizations face new challenges ensuring secure access to and protection of corporate data and applications on mobile devices. In an “anytime, anywhere, any device” environment, IT needs to empower employees to work remotely on their device of choice, while still ensuring the security compliance and data protection necessary to obtain enhanced employee productivity. How? Dell has a range of solutions specifically designed to take the challenge out of BYOD by providing secure connectivity and data protection to transform your BYOD environment.
Dell KACE Appliances offer an easy-to-use, cost effective appliance-based solution to manage a full range of devices on Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android platforms. Dell KACE Appliances help IT organizations securely support personal devices, helping to improve employee productivity without compromising corporate security policies. The KACE BYOD solution consists of the Dell KACE K1000 Management and the Dell KACE K2000 Deployment Appliances to deploy and manage desktops, laptops and servers, and the Dell KACE K3000 Mobile Management Appliance for securing and controlling smartphones and tablets. KACE also offers virtualization tools that enable secure access to work content from any personal device, through the Dell vWorkspace™ solution. KACE offers the following features to help address BYOD:
- Provisioning: KACE Appliances simplify the provisioning process for most personal devices. Laptops and desktops can be deployed in minutes with the K1000 and the K2000, and the K3000 allows for single-step secure setup of smartphones and tablets.
- Application and Software Distribution: The K1000 and the K3000 enable IT to detect what versions of applications and software are installed and running on personal devices, most importantly those provisioned for corporate access.
- Configuration Management: The K1000 allows for the creation and enforcement of configurations on personal desktops and laptops that connect to the corporate network. With the K3000, IT can create different configurations for personal devices and push them out to applicable groups.
- Profile Management: The K3000 allows for profile creation, defining a set of rules that specify which applications are approved and which are not, as well as the various settings for mobile devices. Profiles can be created and pushed to a single device or a group of devices based on user criteria. IT administrators can create different profiles for personal devices and corporate owned devices.
- Security: The K1000 and the K3000 together offer various security features that enable IT to implement a layered security solution to protect corporate content on personal devices. The K1000 provides patching, configuration management, secure browser, OVAL/SCAP scanning and reporting. The K3000 offers mobile device specific security features like passcode management, remote lock, remote wipe and enterprise wipe.
- User Self-help: The KACE user portal and self-help features enhance the BYOD solution by enabling users to easily download and install approved corporate applications and software, view inventory for their devices and also collaboratively share best practices and guidelines.
- VDI: vWorkspace application and desktop virtualization capabilities allow IT to virtualize and deploy desktops and applications to users, enabling them to securely access their work content from any personal device.