Dell KACE in Midsized Organizations
Appliance-based systems management that is easy-to-use, comprehensive and affordable
Midsized organizations with hundreds to several thousand managed end nodes have all too often been left out when it comes to access to an effective systems management solution. These organizations have typically been faced with two unsavory options: point solutions that offer limited functionality, negligible integration and a poor user interface, or a systems management solution intended for the largest enterprise that is overly complex, overburdened with unnecessary features, and prohibitively expensive to procure, deploy and maintain.
Never the less, midsized organizations must deal with many of the systems management challenges that face their larger counterparts, often without the additional budgetary resources or added staff larger organizations enjoy. These challenges are exacerbated by a down economy and a virtual freeze on additional budgets and staff. They include:
- Limited Headcount
Midsized firms do not have the spare resources to spend significant amounts of time and energy deploying or administering a systems management solution
- Generalist Skill Sets
The limited staff of midsized organizations means that each administrator on the team needs to wear many hats, and these generalists require a solution that is easy to use and allows them to manage the entire computer lifecycle using an integrated console and product
- Limited Budgetary Resources
Medium-sized organizations have limited budgets and need solutions that do not depend on additional support and maintenance contracts and expensive training, or require external professional services for ongoing tuning and customization. Rather they need solutions that are accessible and enable efficient operations and a low total cost of ownership
- Heterogeneous Environments
The need to manage operating systems beyond a Windows-only environment is a reality for most midsized environments, as Mac and Linux become a frequent part of the operational mix
The Dell KACE Family of Systems Management Appliances are designed to help save you time and save your company money by providing end-to-end systems lifecycle management capabilities via comprehensive, easy-to-use and affordable appliances. KACE Appliances are designed for organizations of all sizes, and are particularly effective in midsized organizations with several hundred to several thousand end nodes. KACE Appliances provide resource strapped IT departments with more time for strategic tasks, as they automate many of the time consuming manual chores that systems administrators were previously forced to address. This includes management of Windows, Mac and Linux environments, effective operating system deployment and software distribution, accurate asset and inventory management, patch management and an integrated service desk. They can provide extra “headcount” without hiring additional staff. KACE Appliances typically install in minutes, and training takes place via the Web in only hours. KACE Appliances support plug and play deployment onto your LAN and are simple to upgrade and maintain. Absolutely no upfront programming is required to enable the appliance. And KACE Appliances are available both as physical and virtual appliances, providing users with a variety of cost effective deployment options.
The KACE Appliance architecture provides features and capabilities that specifically address the needs of midsized organizations:
- Rapid deployment in typically just a few hours via an appliance-based architecture that features an integrated and configured platform layer – reducing costly hardware and software pre-requisites and expensive consulting services.
- Low total cost of ownership by automating maintenance activities using an integrated management services layer – controling the cost and complexities of regular maintenance and upgrades.
- Full lifecycle PC and Server maintenance allowing administrators to pro-actively manage systems from initial deployment to retirement. Key capabilities include: device discovery and inventory, software distribution, disk imaging, asset management, patch management and service desk.
- The KACE Appliance administrative console features an easy-to-use interface for administrators of all skill levels.
- KACE Appliance Mac and Linux management capabilities enables users to centrally manage Windows, Mac and Linux machines from a single web-based console, eliminating the need for multiple tools and UIs.
Learn more about Dell KACE customers that are saving time and money in midsized environments.