Dell KACE K3000 Mobile Management Appliance for Tablets & Smartphones
Smartphone and tablet adoption has skyrocketed to all time highs with dozens of different devices available in the market. Many organizations are increasingly adopting tablets as either the primary or the secondary computing device, as they offer the convenience of an easily portable form factor, coupled with comprehensive functionality. To date, IT organizations have managed these devices with varying levels of success. The key challenge with mobile devices is that they are at a higher risk of getting into the wrong hands, making the security of sensitive corporate data paramount. The proliferation of device types and operating systems only increases the complexity for IT while also increases the risk of security attacks.
Dell KACE Appliances empower IT groups to solve the challenge of supporting and securing mobile devices. Unlike standalone MDM solutions, the KACE solution offers mobile device management functionality as a simple extension of the comprehensive system management capabilities it offers. This empowers users with a consistent way to manage laptops, desktops, servers, virtual machines, tablets and smartphones. The appliances also greatly simplify the complex processes of solution deployment, device provisioning and security policy enforcement, enabling IT to be up and running quickly. The K3000 Mobile Management Appliance* has the following capabilities that help IT deploy MDM quickly and efficiently:
- Mobile Device Inventory Management and Tracking: K3000 mobile device inventory and tracking detects and tracks mobile devices like smartphones and tablets that are enrolled with the server, and can inventory applications and profiles on the devices through managed agents.
- Mobile Device Provisioning and Setup: K3000 single-step secure setup simplifies the process of provisioning mobile devices through over-the-air deployment of agents to devices, to get you up and running in minutes.
- Application Deployment and Management: K3000 application management pushes free and paid apps from the platform App Store to your devices, and can also push corporate apps directly to your devices.
- Mobile Device and Data Security: K3000 mobile device and data security protects corporate data on mobile devices through profile management, device lock and unlock, remote enterprise wipe and remote factory reset features.
- Configuration, Policy and Profile Management: The K3000 can enforce and manage configurations to implement corporate IT policies, and allows for the creation and management of profiles for security and settings on managed mobile devices.
- User Portal: The K3000 enables user self-help through the user portal where users can view their own inventory, download approved software and manage settings on their mobile devices.
- Notifications, Alerts, Messaging and Integrated App Launch: K3000 messaging allows alerts to individual mobile devices or groups of devices. Integrated app launching allows users to launch apps from within the notifications, providing a seamless user-experience.
- Automated IT Administration: All K3000 administrative tasks are accomplished via an easy-to-use, intuitive user interface allowing administrators to quickly accomplish a wide breadth of systems administration tasks.
- IT Reporting and Dashboards: The K3000 provides prepackaged reports and data downloading tools to easily generate routine and ad hoc reports either on the appliance or through your own tools. In addition, K1000 integration allows for the use of the entire suite of K1000 reporting tools.
*Virtual appliance available in March 2013, physical appliance available in April 2013.