EMA Research Shows Manual IT Processes Crippling the Efficiencies of Mid-Market Organizations
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. - June 28, 2006 - KACE™, the leader in IT management solutions for Fortune 100,000 organizations, today announced the results of research conducted by leading systems management analyst firm EMA that shows many medium-sized businesses are experiencing the unnecessary burden of manual IT processes including increased costs, errors, disruptions, and security risks. By automating IT management, Fortune 100,000 companies can save from 50-80% of time spent on specific tasks yielding significant IT efficiency improvements.
EMA found that although larger enterprises automate their IT processes, companies in the Fortune 100,000 often don't think they have viable options. Prevalent myths include IT automation tools are too expensive to acquire or implement; are too complex, difficult to learn, hard to use; or take too much time.
In fact, in EMA's research, they concluded that IT automation solutions are saving forward thinking Fortune 100,000 organizations significant time and money.
EMA's research concluded that companies who have automated their IT have:
- Reduced OS deployment time by an average of 68%
- Reduced application deployment time by an average of 50%
- Reduced time spent on patch management by an average of 50%
- Reduced time spent managing virus/spyware security by an average of 83%
As a subset of its research, EMA interviewed a number of KACE customers who have automated their IT processes using KBOX by KACE -- the leading appliance-based solution in the Fortune 100,000 today. EMA found:
- By automating IT infrastructure, a local government organization reduced the time spent deploying complicated 9-1-1 software 50-60%.
- A well-known manufacturing company reduced TCO for each desktop from $56 to $17.
- One customer concluded that the cost of rolling out a new version of Microsoft Office plummeted from $90,000 to $30,000.
"It is critical for medium sized organizations to automate their IT," said Andi Mann, senior analyst at EMA. "It improves IT efficiency, reduces unexpected problems, improves security, and reduces risks. With vendors like KACE in the market, it is easy and cost effective too, so there really is no reason to put this off."
EMA's paper and a pre-recorded webinar discussing the results can be found at http://www.kace.com/infocenter.
KACE, a privately-held technology company, is the leader in IT automation appliances. The KBOX™ by KACE product line delivers easy-to-use, comprehensive IT automation appliances that are affordable and really work. KACE is headquartered in Mountain View, California, and has offices in Charlotte, North Carolina and Chicago, Illinois. To learn more about KACE and its product offerings, please visit www.kace.com or call 1-888-522-3638.