The new Remote Site Appliance uses Sun VirtualBox rather than VMWARE. The issue with the MSI installer for VirtualBox is that is can only be installed on the C: drive. This is an issue for most applications since the C: drive typically is used for the operating system and therefore does not have enough space to house the Virtual Disks at their maximum size.
Although the requirement for the RSA is 200 GB, the Virtual disk starts at a much smaller value. This means that the user can install the MSI file as is and later move the virtual disk to a drive on the computer with enough space to accommodate the eventual increase is drive size.
- Install the RSA using the MSI file and allow it to install on C:
- Shutdown the RSA.
- Go to C:\Documents and Settings\<user the virtualbox was installed under>\.VirtualBox\VDI.
- Move the VDI file to a location on the computer with enough hard drive space.
- Re launch VirtualBox. This will bring up an error because the program cannot find the virtual disks. The VirtualBox – Warning screen will appear. Select the “Check” button. The old drive location will display a caution symbol. Right click on it and select “Release”. Select continue when prompted. Right click the drive again and select “Remove” At the prompt select “Unregister”. Click “Ok”
- On the VirtualBox console, select “Settings” then “Hard Disks”. Select the “Add” Icon on the right. A box pops up. Click “Select”. A new window opens and to the right there is an “Add” icon. Select it and then browse to the location where the VDI file was moved. At the bottom click “Select”.
- Start the Virtual box