DELL KACE™ Improves Security Through PC Lockdown
- Stop Latest Security Threats, Such as Evercookie, with New Version of Dell KACE Secure Browser
- Provides an Innovative End-to-End Approach to Security for Mid-Sized Organizations
- Delivers Strong Security While Facilitating Employee Productivity
ROUND ROCK, Texas – Sept. 29, 2010 –Dell KACE™ continues its commitment to systems management and security innovation by announcing a new PC Lockdown approach that is both easy-to-use and flexible, while still enabling employees to maintain peak productivity. Seen in the past as a luxury reserved primarily for large enterprises due to high costs and complexity of the technology, PC Lockdown capabilities are now integrated into the award-winning Dell KACE Systems Management Appliance™ and are part of the comprehensive Dell™ Security Solutions Portfolio for midsize businesses and organizations.
Strengthening Dell KACE’s security solution, the company also announced today the availability of a new version of popular Dell KACE Secure Browser freeware tool. The new version stops the latest security threats, such as Evercookie, and offers Windows 64-bit support in addition to other enhancements. Dell KACE saw more than 15,000 downloads of Dell KACE Secure Browser in its first month of availability. Now, an even larger number of IT organizations can benefit from Dell KACE’s security capabilities.
“As adoption of Windows 7 heats up, businesses are re-evaluating their PC Lockdown strategies and strengthening their end-to-end security initiatives,” said Rob Meinhardt, president of Dell KACE. “Dell KACE offers a lockdown solution that secures the endpoint while affording end-users the opportunity to install pre-approved applications on an ad-hoc basis. Gone are the days of managing admin privileges to balance security and flexibility concerns.”
Dell KACE’s comprehensive PC Lockdown capabilities integrate with Dell KACE Secure Browser, service desk and self-service software user portal creating an all-in-one, end-to-end approach to security. What’s more, the PC Lockdown solution allows flexible user privileges, which enable enterprises to enforce protective security settings, yet at the same time allows users to continue to use the applications they require to be productive on a day-to-day basis.
“Dell KACE appliances allow me to enforce protective security settings for our customers company-wide, while retaining productivity,” said Dan LeBaron chief technology officer for Ingenuit Technologies, Inc., a Washington-based information technology consulting company focusing on the needs of small and mid-size businesses. “Through tools like the Dell KACE Secure Browser and the self-service software portal, users can download approved software and browse websites essential for their job functions even if the PC is in ‘lock down’ mode.”
Dell KACE’S PC Lockdown capabilities includes the following:
- Self-service software portal to enable IT organizations to publish approved software titles, license keys, files and scripts that users can access to install applications or configure their systems;
- Integrated Service Desk that seamlessly merges with the systems management console so users requiring modifications to their applied PC Lockdown policies can be easily helped;
- Dell KACE Secure Browser reset feature that removes all traces of browser activity without the need to run special removal tools, including clever solutions like the new "evercookie" tracking cookies.
- Dell KACE Secure Browser whitelist and blacklist features that can be leveraged to grant or prevent access to certain applications and websites;
- Scripting to facilitate the removal of local administration rights in network target machines.
To hear more about the new Dell KACE PC Lockdown solution and how to avoid rigid, “all or nothing” policies to meet security objectives, join Dell KACE’s free webinar titled, “PC Lockdown Strategies: Security Benefits, Not User Backlash” on Thursday, Sept. 30, 2010 at 1 p.m. ET. Follow this link to sign up for the event: https://kace.webex.com/kace/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=826293863
The Dell KACE family of systems management and deployment appliances fulfill the systems management needs of the mid-market IT organization, from initial computer deployment to ongoing management and retirement. Dell KACE products are available as both physical and virtual appliances, directly from Dell or through its partners.
Dell (NASDAQ: DELL) creates, enhances and integrates technology and services customers count on to provide them reliable, long-term value. Dell provides system-management solutions for customers of all sizes and system complexity. The award-winning Dell KACE family of appliances delivers easy-to-use, comprehensive, and affordable systems management capabilities. For more information, visit www.dellkace.com or follow the conversation at http://twitter.com/DellKACE.
Kulesa Faul, Inc.