The K2000 appliance "Integrity Check" is a simple test that allows you to determine if there is an issue with KACE or your network.
Here are the steps to test your K2000 appliance:
- Have either a crossover cable or non-managed 1000Mb switch at the ready.
- From your K2000 webpage, go to the Settings and Maintenance and the Network Settings page. Write down the IP address of the K2000 appliance.
- Next find the check box by “Enable On-Board DHCP Server” and enable it.
- Enter a small range of addresses that are in the same subnet as the IP address of the K2000 appliance. There is no risk since no settings will take place until after the K2000 reboots. At that time the K2000 will be on an isolated network and will not affect the rest of the production network. Once the settings are made and saved the K2000 will reboot.
- With the above crossover cable or a non-managed 1000MB switch, connect the K2000 appliance and the test computer together.
- When the K2000 has fully booted, ensure that the test computer is capable of getting an IP address in the range you set earlier.
- Once you are sure the on board DHCP of the K2000 is working, reboot the computer to it's network card.
- Select Windows Deployment and Recovery from the boot menu and allow the computer to boot to the K2000 Main Menu. Test the functions of the K2000 appliance that were giving issues, such as imaging or scripted OS installs. Keep in mind anything the K2000 can do in production can be done in this configuration.
Running this test will allow us to exclude the K2000 appliance as the problem so we can focus on determining what network issues are keeping the K2000 from working properly in your environment.