K2000 postinstall task converter
This is a script created by Patrick Warme and Corey Serrins of the support team.
This script was created to convert your post-installation tasks to run via RunOnceEx commands for Windows 7. Our goal is to allow post-installation tasks to survive reboots and help with installers that do not 'wait' properly and interrupt other installations.
The script runs on both Windows 7 Scripted Installs as well as Windows 7 sysprepped image deployments (non-sysprepped images will not work at this time).
You can download it here:
After downloading the file, you will find a README documenting the task, a export of reboot postinstall task that is known to work with this process, as well as a .zip file to upload to the k2 to implement this task.
Here's what you'll need to do:
- Set up your Scripted Install or Sysprepped Imagewith your desired Postinstall Tasks
- Create a new Application post install task with a runtime environment set to "K2000 Boot Environment (Windows)"
- Attach the zipped file called "runonceex_converter.zip"
- Use "call runonceex_converter.bat" as the command line.
- Either create your own reboot task, or import the one provided, but make sure the work "reboot" is in the name. If you create your own, we do recommend the following be in the .bat command since we found this to work best:
taskkill /f /IM runonce.exe
shutdown -f -r -t 1
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 30
- Duplicate your reboot commands as many times as you like
- Add the PO Converter mid-level task to your deployment.
- Add the reboots where you like as a post install task and save.
This should resolve any issues you experienced with reboots in your post install tasks with the K2000 and Windows 7.
Any feedback or comments would be welcome!
v. 1.5.2 [March 5, 2013]
-fixed issue with Scripted Installs showing as completed in the K2000 Reports.