To help determine whether the patch is coming from the K1000 appliance or the Replication share, patching debugging turned on will print out where the files are coming from:
1. Turn Patching Debugging On the K1000 Client machine:
- Go to C:\Program Files\Kace\KBOX directory
A. SMMP.conf file:
- Open the file smmp.conf
- Add the following line: debug=true
- Save the file
B. Create a empty dummy file called DEBUG_PATCHING with NO extension
C. Stop and Start the KBOX SMMP Management Service in the service panel.
- Be sure the replication share setup is correctly with the client machine that is being used for patching
- Run a detect and deploy onto that client machine with debugging turned on
- Check the PluginPatching.log file under the C:\Program Files\Kace\Kbox directory for the following:
An Example of a line to check out:
[Mon Nov 03 12:04:55 2008] DownloadFile: 'C:\Program Files\KACE\KBOX\patches\xpsp3.lst.zip' error occurred: Could not resolve host: \\B-ABS1-ABC\KBOXPatches$\repl1\patches\windows; No data record of requested type
The hostname of B-ABS1-ABC is the hostname of the Replication share instead of the Main K1000 appliance.
This will show where the patching files are coming from.