To add a tether key you need to request a key from technical support. Support can then access your web admin, server console, SMTP server, database, and log files (depending on what you enable in your security settings).
- The target K1000/K2000 appliance must be able to connect on port 22 outbound to tether.kace.com. This is an ssh tunnel to our tether server. If a firewall is blocking their K1000/K2000 appliance from making that outgoing connection, it's not going to work.
- You must enable ssh (via Settings->Security Settings). This is not the same as the above step
- You must enable database access (via Settings->Security Settings)
As shown in the attached image, to add the tether you need to:
- browse to http://k1000/adminui/troubleshooting.php?EDIT_MODE=1 or (if you have ORGS module) http://k1000/systemui/troubleshooting.php?EDIT_MODE=1
- click "enable tether" checkbox
- paste in the key given to you by technical support. The key has no spaces nor linebreaks and ends with a least one equals sign "="
You will know it is working if you see an output like this
If it is not working then the K1000/K2000 appliance is not likely able to get to our tether server on port 22. This must work.