As the newer hardware comes out, fewer and fewer network cards have supported drivers in Knoppix. As we have no way of adding drivers to Knoppix, the only solution for our customers it to have them convert their images to K-Image.
Here is how:
- Find a computer that will boot to Knoppix. It does not matter if the computer will be compatible with the images since the computer is never going to boot to the operating system and is mearly a vehicle for conversion. You could also use VMWARE.
- Boot the computer to Knoppix and deploy the first Knoppix image.
- Once the image is deployed, reboot the computer into KPE. It is important not to allow the computer to boot to the operating system you just installed.
- Once in KPE, capture the image by entering the client side Imaging menu and select Capture image of this computer to the KBOX. Name your image, select the drivers to capture, and Start capture.
- Once done repeat the process until all of your images are converted.
- Back up and delete your Knoppix images since they do not use the hashing system and will take up a lot more space then the K-Images.