Kace Survey Finds Majority Of Mid-Market Organizations Still Use Sneakernets To Manage Windows
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. - January 11, 2006 - KACE™, the leader in IT management solutions for Fortune 100,000 organizations, today announced the results of a survey of Fortune 100,000 IT managers that shows more than half of organizations are looking to automate IT processes in the face of growing network complexity, security issues and compliance issues after having for years relied on manual IT management processes.
The survey, conducted of KACE customers in December 2005, found:
- 58% of the respondents used sneakernets (manual processes) at the beginning of 2005 to manage some IT functions.
- 80% of the respondents looked for solutions in 2005 that could help better automate asset management processes such as hardware inventory, software inventory, software distribution and patch management.
- 67% of KBOX™ IT Management Suite users evaluated Microsoft SMS; 42% evaluated Altiris before deciding on KBOX by KACE.
- 55% of respondents reported saving 20 or more man-hours per month by replacing sneakernets with automated IT management tools.
- More than half of respondents were planning to use KBOX to help with some compliance related activities (Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, etc) in 2006.
- 92% of the Fortune 100,000 respondents reported managing machines in distributed locations including multiple buildings, cities, states and countries.
"This survey shows additional evidence that the Fortune 100,000 has been grossly underserved by existing IT management vendors," said Rob Meinhardt, co-founder and CEO of KACE. "Our survey found 58% were still using sneakernets to manage some part of their network -- with the growing complexity of networks, growing demands of security and compliance issues -- it's no wonder Fortune 100,000 companies are demanding better tools for automating their IT."
About KBOX by KACE
The KBOX IT Management Suite is an-inclusive secure appliance that instantly manages, monitors, and controls the inventory, distribution, patch, security, configuration, compliance, licensing and performance demands of every node on the network. KBOX automates routine and complex IT maintenance tasks, improves IT productivity and security, and robustly promotes network uptime in an extremely flexible, intelligent and unique approach.
KACE™ is a privately-held technology company that's Rethinking IT through its KBOX™ product line which delivers easy-to-use, comprehensive IT automation solutions that are affordable and really work. KACE is headquartered in Mountain View, California, and has offices in Charlotte, North Carolina and Chicago, Illinois. To learn more about KACE and its product offerings, please visit www.kace.com or call 1-888-522-3638.