Press Release, Sept. 12, 2005 - KACE announces KBOX IT Management Suite 2.0
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. - September 12, 2005 - KACE™ today announced KBOX™ IT Management Suite 2.0, an easy-to-use, comprehensive, yet affordable, turnkey appliance. This all-inclusive secure server appliance instantly manages, monitors, and controls the inventory, distribution, patch, security, compliance, messaging, licensing and performance demands of every node on the network. Targeted specifically to the Fortune 100,000, where complexity and cost is the enemy of IT productivity, the KBOX IT Management Suite automates routine and complex IT maintenance tasks, improves IT productivity and security, and robustly promotes network uptime in an extremely flexible, intelligent and unique approach.
"Mid-market companies are large enough to need solid management tools, but their size can leave them challenged to allocate sufficient staff and budget to deploy the needed tools," said Dan Twing, vice president of Research and Consulting Services, Enterprise Management Associates. "KACE has addressed this problem by providing a comprehensive and easy to deploy solution at a price point sensitive to mid-market companies."
Over the past 10 years, the management of desktops and servers has grown exponentially in complexity and depth, while at the same time malicious attacks on corporate networks and end-users have risen dramatically. With this in mind, KBOX is designed to make managing today's computer networks as easy as possible; performing behind an elegantly easy-to-use interface designed to instantly enable and satisfy network administrators of all backgrounds. KBOX supports plug-and-play deployment onto the LAN in stand-alone mode or can be configured to integrate with existing LAN services such as LDAP, Active Directory and SAN facilities. Absolutely no upfront customization or programming effort is required to enable the KBOX appliance. KBOX allows IT managers to quickly take and maintain control even as new security threats abound and continue to contribute to system and network vulnerability.
"KACE has packaged both routine and critical IT capabilities in an intuitive offering that automates a great deal of work," said Douglas Marston, network administrator, A.S.V., Inc. "We have become incredibly dependent on the KBOX for a wide-range of IT tasks on a daily basis and it is living up to the challenge."
KBOX™ IT Management Suite 2.0 features include:
- Inventory: Auto-discovered, detailed network-wide hardware and software configurations.
- Distribution/Update: Remote installation and distribution of applications, service packs, updates, and digital assets.
- Patch: Centrally maintained patch knowledgebase with automated patch deployment and compliance reporting.
- Remote Control: Remote Desktop control integration for one-to-one IT/Help Desk support.
- Policy and Scripting: Point and click or XML-based script & policy creation, support for existing and 3rd party scripts and policies, full script status & execution logging/reporting.
- Security Vulnerability Audit: Scans and reports on known security vulnerabilities based on the OVAL standard (covering almost 1000 vulnerabilities) endorsed by US Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US Cert) and the Department of Homeland Security.
- Security Enforcement: Deploy security policies with support for automatic remediation, repair, and if necessary, network node isolation (quarantine).
- Reporting: Generate routine and ad-hoc reports; support for html, pdf, csv and text output. Ability to use third-party reporting tools to analyze and mine KBOX collected information.
- Alerts: Configurable email-based network alerts; targeted or open end-user messaging.
"With KBOX we have taken very complex, broad enterprise capabilities and packaged them into an accessible yet powerful all-in-one IT automation solution for the cost-conscious," said Rob Meinhardt, co-founder and CEO, KACE. "KBOX enables IT professionals to get IT done, leading to significant service level and security improvements"
Pricing and Availability
Pricing for KBOX™ IT Automation Appliance 2.0 starts at $7,500 for a 100-node network. The KBOX™ Policy and Scripting Module and the KBOX™ Security Enforcement and Audit Module are priced separately. For more information, please contact KACE at 888-522-3638 or via email to email@example.com.
KACE™ is a privately-held technology company that's Rethinking IT through its KBOX™ product line which delivers easy-to-use, comprehensive IT automation solutions that are affordable and really work. KACE is headquartered in Mountain View, California, and has offices in Charlotte, North Carolina and Chicago, Illinois. To learn more about KACE and its product offerings, please visit www.kace.com or call 1-888-522-3638.