Major New KBOX Appliances Release Simplifies Systems Deployment for Fortune 100,000 Businesses Through Automation
KACE Tames Vista Rollouts and User Migration Challenges
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – March 26, 2007 – KACE, the leading provider of systems deployment and management appliances for the Fortune 100,000, today announced a significant upgrade to the KBOX 2000 Series Systems Deployment Appliances. Users of the new KBOX 2000 IT automation technology will have added support for Microsoft Windows Vista deployment and user migration. Furthermore, image format enhancements will dramatically simplify systems deployment workflow and expand the number of deployment scenarios that a single base image can support.
“The KBOX 2000 Series enhancements offer another example of how KACE is bringing revolutionary ease-of-use and IT automation to systems management for Fortune 100,000 companies,” said Rob Meinhardt, CEO and co-founder of KACE. “Historically, systems deployment and user migration has required rigid, time-consuming processes. With this new release, IT managers can easily repurpose images and processes to support a wide variety of hardware configurations and deployment requirements – without stating over each time a change is required.”
One of the biggest challenges Fortune 100,000 companies face today is that they are unable to manage IT maintenance tasks with current available resources. With the proliferating responsibilities and dynamic nature of IT departments in this market, these companies are often left with only time-intensive and/or costly options. As these companies grow and strive to remain competitive by adopting the latest technologies, systems deployment and migration tasks become a burden, leaving IT organizations with limited options – they can either pay for a costly software solution, negating any cost savings they were hoping to achieve, or risk errors and time spent by using manual processes. To address this growing problem, the new KBOX 2000 Series Appliances provide the Fortune 100,000 market the cost-efficiency of a Fortune 1000 solution, such as automated provisioning of laptops, desktops, and servers, at a Fortune 100,000 price point.
The latest release of the KBOX 2000 Series, combined with KBOX’s 100 percent agentless approach to provisioning, enables remote provisioning and migration of any computer, without the cost and lead time of traditional, software-based solutions. The new KBOX 2000 Series Systems Deployment Appliances provide key new benefits and capabilities including:
- Platforms – allows for agentless Microsoft Windows Vista deployment support in addition to existing broad Windows and Linux platforms support;
- K-Image – intelligent file-based imaging, increases IT efficiency by reducing the time and bandwidth required for image capture and allows IT managers to easily repurpose images for reuse on new platforms or with new installation requirements;
- User Migration – ensures data, applications, and settings rollover smoothly when transitioning users to new machines and configurations;
- Pre- and Post-Installation Scripting – creates opportunities to apply configuration changes or other workflow prior to or just after the system installation process (e.g., BIOS configuration steps, application slipstreaming);
- KPE Recovery Console – Windows PE-based recovery console provides graphical interface to recover systems that become corrupted and can not boot properly.
The new KBOX 2000 Series Systems Deployment Appliances will be available on April 27. For more information, please go to /products/systems-deployment-appliance or send email to email@example.com.
KACE™, a privately held technology company, is the leader in IT automation appliances. The KBOX™ family of appliances deliver easy-to-use, comprehensive IT automation that is affordable and really work. The KBOX™ 1000 Series Systems Management Appliances automate routine and complex IT maintenance tasks for end-point nodes on a network. The KBOX™ 2000 Series Systems Deployment Appliances provide centralized provisioning and remote system recovery.
KACE is headquartered in Mountain View, California, and has offices in Charlotte, North Carolina, and Chicago, Illinois. To learn more about KACE and its product offerings, please visit http://www.kace.com or call 1-888-522-3638.